August 22, 2010

What A Miracle

Well, I still feel like this is all so amazing. I can't believe that I'm here living and working. Man, am I happy. Sometimes I get a little lonely in my apartment, but then I just remind myself where I am and what I'm doing and then I remember how incredibly thankful I am to be here.

I did have one bad day this week. Wednesday I woke up with aches all over my body, something I haven't experienced in weeks. Everything hurt and it was so much work to simply lift up my arm. I went in to work anyway and Jason, the person who is training me, was very gracious and let me do some easy tasks that day because I told him I wasn't feeling well. After work I tried to go and get my B12 shot at a walk in clinic (I of course don't have a doctor here in London) but the ones close to my place all closed at 3 on Wednesday, so I just went home. I called my parents and told them and asked them to pray as I was so scared this would be the beginning of a downward spiral again. And then I went right to bed.

Thursday I woke up and it was all gone.

And I know its because of all my family and friends praying for me. I know my parents called some family that night and asked them to be praying. I dont understand what caused the bad day, I can't figure it out, but I know that God took it away, and it just reminded me of how thankful I am to be here. So even when I get lonely, I'm going to hang onto the truth that I am sure of - that God is with me and He has brought me here, and so there's no better place to be.


Our God is greater
Our God is stronger
God you are higher than any other
Our God is Healer
Awesome in power
Our God, Our God

-Chris Tomlin, Our God

0 comments:

Post a Comment