May 14, 2010

Come Together Now for Haiti



So I was looking up the winners of the GMA Dove awards - Christian music awards - that happened in April and I came across this song.

This song was written by Michael W Smith and he gathered together Christian music artists to sing this song to remind everyone of the need for the people in Haiti following the earthquake. The artists included Steven Curtis Chapman, Casting Crowns, Mandisa, TobyMac (and the other DC Talk boys), Margaret Becker, the Newsboys, Nichole C Mullen, the Katinas, Point of Grace, Rachael Lampa, Matthew West and a ton of other artists whose names or faces I dont recognize.

I just thought this was really great and it was actually recorded on January 28th, before the other 2 Haiti songs were recorded: Wavin Flag by young Canadian artists on February 18th, and We Are the World by various artists on February 1st. Those songs are great too, but I like the fact that the Christian artists wanted to contribute and that the website has Samaritian's Purse on it. The video actually gave me goosebumps the first time I watched it. What do you think?

To donate or purchase song: http://www.cometogethernowhaiti.com/

PS: This song is not to be confused by a different song called Come Together Now sung by a different group of artists back in 2006 I think for the Hurricane relief.

0 comments:

Post a Comment