September 26, 2010

Life is Not Always Easy

Unfortunately, life is not always easy. As I sit here typing this, I'm aching and hurting all over. I played in the baseball tournament yesterday and I have come to realize there are limits to what I can do. I knew this in my head but now my body knows this. If you read my June post called "Dear Body of Mine", I'm having to accept it all over again. I pray that God will give me peace as I trust Him, remember to be thankful for what I can do, focus on the positives in my life and give all the glory to Him for me being well enough to serve Him at Teen Challenge.

Isaiah 43: 1-3
I have called you by name Rebecca, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you-when you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, and the flame will not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy one of Isreal, your Saviour.

2 Corinthians 12:8-10
Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in these weaknesses so that the power of Christ may rest on me. For the sake of Christ then, I am content with this weakness. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


I have said these things to you, that in me you have peace. In the world you will have trouble, but take heart, I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)

0 comments:

Post a Comment