July 15, 2010

Alternative Medicine?

Does anyone have an success stories regarding alternative medicine, natural medicine or Chinese medicine?

Because of my ongoing health struggles, I decided to go to this place called New Life Allergy. I had seen it on tv commercials here in Windsor and they talked about how many health problems stem from an allergy or sensitivity within a body's system to a particular food, nutrient, mineral, vitamin etc. So I decided that since I'm already in the process of eliminating every possible cause of my symptoms, it might be worth ruling out any and all allergies.

I went and got tested for 153 items. It was all computerized testing, which involved holding a probe in 1 hand and a touch of a small probe on 1 finger on the other, one touch for each item. I went back and got my results and this is what she told. She said: I am lactose intolerant, my body is not absorbing nutrients well, my body has a big problem absorbing all B vitamins, I have candida, and I have a virus in my system that is negatively affecting my energy. Now, needless to say, I found this facinating, as it is all true, and she discovered this with the odd probe test she performed.

She SAYS she can help me; that I can have a series of treatments which will clear up all these problems - including my lactose intolerance, which I am very skeptical of. I decided to go ahead and try a few treatments because I figured, I've tried everything else, I might as well try this as well. (Even tho yes, its not cheap.)

The test was weird. I laid on a table on my stomach. She did some tingly, touching or massaging on my back, saying she was opening up my system, and then she proceeded to touch pressure points (she called this acupressure) with a probe which was connected to a metal box containing the items she was testing me for on this treatment. It was over in a matter of a couple minutes. She said I would probly feel extra weird for a day or so, and maaaan was she right. Whatever she did to me, my body felt it! I was awfully weak and dizzy immediately following the treatment, and I felt odd, weird, sore, for the entire day.

Now I don't necessary know if I feel any different this week, but I'm scheduled to go back for 2 more treatments. I dont know about all this. Does this stuff really work?

2 comments:

Moray said...

Ah, alternative medicine - there's a controversial subject! Many different methods and practices lumped together under the one label, where they can conveniently be lauded or condemned according to ones bent.

Many of the explanations given for the efficacy of "alternative medicine" smack of New Age spirituality. This is anathema to some. I cannot help thinking, though, of the history of malaria. "Malaria" means "bad air", because it was thought that the disease was caused by the bad air from swamps. Quinine was thought to be an effective treatment because it cured shivering. Both explanations are utterly wrong. Quinine nevertheless works against malaria - for different reasons entirely.

Mark D. Smith said...

Hey Rebecca - sweet news about the job and other stuff too. We're praying for you and sure looking forward to seeing you soon.

Post a Comment