September 22, 2012

High Valley at the Western Fair!




A friend and I went to the Western Fair on Wednesday to see HIGH VALLEY! They are a Canadian country group - but they are Christians.  They sang an old gospal hymn at their concert which was nice. The group is made up of 3 brothers who were raised in a Mennonite community in Alberta. Their music is country but with definite Christian elements to alot of their songs. They won 3 Gospel Music awards in 2011 I think, and have done performances in Christian book stores throughout Canada (I know this cause I've watched some of their performances on youtube). But now they seem to be making it on the Country music scene. It will be interesting to see how they develop in the music industry and see if they stay true to their roots. I hope so!

0 comments:

Post a Comment