July 20, 2011

The Spa from Hell

This is fair warning to all my friends - do NOT go to the torture chamber known as the AGLOW SPA on Springbank Rd in London. I just returned from a horrible spa experience.
Let's start at the beginning - I bought the London "Deal of the Day" back in the spring for a Manicure, Pedicure and Swedish Massage for 70% off at the Aglow Spa. Tonight was supposed to be a night of relaxation gearing up for my vacation which begins at 5 on Friday!
My appointment was at 6, I was there about 10 minutes early cause I went straight from work. It was just about 6 when a woman came to me (I assumed she was the manager) and explained that the girl I was booked with was running 15 minutes late, and I said, that's okay I'll wait. So at 6:15 the manager (who turned out to be the owner) came and got me and brought me to the pedicure room and set me up to get my feet soaking. And I waited. 6:30. Still waiting. 6:45 the water is getting cold. And still waiting. 6:55 she tells me that the receptionist (yes you heard me correctly, the receptionist) is going to come and take my old polish off. It's now 7 and the owner takes the water away and says it will be soon. 7:15. Still waiting. 7:30. I ask the manager what is going on and she stomps over, grabs the skin brush thing and starts rubbing my feet while complaining on and on that she has her own appointment to do and that she hasn't even had dinner yet. I asked her what happened- were they overbooked and she said no with no further explanation. I asked if she was the manager and she said she was the owner. Then finally the girl shows up and finishes my pedicure. But wait, during the pedicure, the girl CUT MY FOOT. Yes, my big toe now has a cut in it, it was literally bleeding. The owner lady comes over once she realizes I've been cut and offers the paraffin wax foot treatment free of charge. So the woman begins that treatment but not before she scalds my right foot with the wax - yes I literally have a red scalded mark on my foot if you can believe it. So my horrendous pedicure is done and the owner comes and gives me a gift certificate for a free pedicure. YA like I want to go back to the spa from hell!! And yes, the spa closed at 8 so there was clearly no time for my manicure and massage.
Yaaaaaa...... never again. Don't go there ladies.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment