June 22, 2010

Dear Body of Mine

This is a strange letter. And I feel strange writing this but I need to. You were such a part of my life. I took you for granted, like so many things in life. I didn’t take care of you enough. I wasn’t careful about how I treated you and what I put into you. You use to be able to do so many things; you use to have such natural stamina. You use to be strong and could last through anything. You could do anything. But now, you are weak. You are hurting and aching. You have no stamina and you are not working properly. And all those plans I had for you are gone.

I don’t like admitting this but I need to learn to live with a changed you.

I have to let go. I am letting you go. I’m saying goodbye to the way you use to be, to the things I use to do with you and all the things you did for me. And now I’m going to be thankful for what I have now, what I can still do. I don’t like it but it’s necessary. And when I start to dwell on the way you used to be and all that you could do, I’ll say goodbye again and look with appreciation at what I still have.

Rebecca

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca...there is an amazing soul inside that body! I am praying for you girl! Love, Averil

Post a Comment